Edward GILBY was born about 1709, probably in Finchingfield, Essex.
He married Elizabeth CLEMENTS, date unknown.
Known children of Edward and Elizabeth are:
- Adam born about 1746 in Finchingfield, died 26 January, 1827. (more below)
- Philip born about 1746 in Finchingfield.
- Edward born about 1734, Finchingfield.
- John born about 1732, Finchingfield.
- Elizabeth born about 1736, Finchingfield.
- Emmanuel born about 1744, Finchingfield.
- Edward born about 1745, Finchingfield.
- Amy born about 1735, Finchingfield.
Adam GILBY married Mary BOCKING, date and place unknown.
For a time, Adam worked as a labourer.
Known children of Adam and Mary are:
- James born about 1786 in Finchingfield, died 1868. (more below)
- Mary born about 1776, Finchingfield.
- Abraham born about 1780, Finchingfield, died March 1839, Essex.
- Sarah born about 1784, Finchingfield.
- Thomas born about 1789, Finchingfield. (more below)
James GILBY married Susanna PARMENTER on 1st April, in Stambourne, Essex.
In 1814, James worked as a malster in London.
Known children of James and Susanna are:
- Charles born in 1814 in Stambourne. (more below)
- Caroline born in 1817, Stambourne (more below)
- Bransom born in 1818 in Hornsea, Cambridge, died 1819 in Stambourne.
Thomas GILBY married Alice HITCHEN date and place unknown.
Known children of Thomas and Alice are:
- Ezekial born about 1823 in Finchingfield.
- William born about 1818, Finchingfield.
- Caroline born about 1820, Finchingfield.
- John born about 1825, Finchingfield.
- Martha born about 1828, Finchingfield.
- Ann born about 1830, Finchingfield.
- James born about 1833, Finchingfield.
- Charles born about 1838, Finchingfield.
- Emmanuel born about 1835, Finchingfield.
Charles GILBY married Mary Anne RENHAM in 1839 in Chesterton.
Known children of Charles and Mary Anne are:
- Alfred born about 1840 in Chesterton, baptised on 3rd January, 1841. Died 23rd May 1892 in Birmingham. (more below)
- Arthur born about 1842, Chesterton, died 19th July, 1868 in Buffalo, USA. (more below)
- Caroline born about 1844 in Chesterton. Died 23rd March, 1876. (more below)
- Walter born about 1847 in Chesterton, died 20th April, 1861.
- Nathan born about 1848, died 1888 in Queens Hospital, Birmingham. (more below)
- Matilda born 30th June, 1850, died 30th September, 1851.
- Louisa, born 12th February, 1851, died 15th November, 1869.
- George born 11th May, 1854, died 4th September, 1858.
- Charles Horace born 13th August, 1856.
- Isabella born 2nd October, 1858. Died 24th April, 1859.
- George Herbert born 29th November, 1860.
- Ernest Henry born about 1862. Died 3rd March, 1863.
Caroline GILBY married Robert HART on 3rd July, 1836 in Barnwell, Cambridge.
Known children of Caroline and Robert are:
- James born about 1839 in Cambridge.
- Eber born about 1841 in Cambridge.
- Alfred born about 1843 in Surrey.
- Joseph born about 1839, Surrey.
Alfred GILBY married Sarah Hannah MASON in 1865 in Cambridge.
Between 1865 and 1891, Alfred was a police officer in Birmingham.
At the time of his death in 1892, he lived with his family at 42 Chain Walk, Aston, Birmingham.
Known children of Alfred and Sarah Hannah are:
- Alfred Mason born 1872 in Birmingham. (more below)
- Lily born about 1865 in Cambridgeshire.
- Grace born about 1867 in Birmingham (more below)
- Herbert born about 1876 in Birmingham (more below)
- Sidney born about 1877, Birmingham.
- Percy born about 1880, Birmingham, died 1881.
- Elsie Daisy born about 1887 in Birmingham.
- Percy Archibald born about 1883, Birmingham. (more below)
- Joy Hilda born about 1885, Birmingham.
- May Ethel born about 1882, Birmingham.
Arthur GILBY married Maria WILDE on 10th March, 1863 in Aston, Birmingham
Nathan GILBY married Annie FLOWERS in 1867 in Cambridgeshire.
Nathan spent a short time a police officer in Birmingham in 1865. He later worked as a railway ticket collector.
Known children of Nathan and Annie are:
- Charles A. born about 1865 in Birmingham. (more below)
- Louisa born about 1869, Birmingham.
- Beatrice Alice born about 1875, Birmingham.
- Minnie Ada born about 1877, Birmingham. (more below)
Caroline GILBY married Henry SANSUM in 1867 in Strand, Middlesex.
Alfred Mason GILBY married Blanche Edith WAYNE, date unknown.
In 1891 Alfred was living at 42 Chain Walk, Aston, Birmingham and working as a clerk.
Known children of Blanche and Alfred are:
- Denis Wayne born on 5th January, 1905 in West Bromwich, died December 1981, in Southam, Warwickshire. (more below)
- Alfred Cecil born about 1900 in West Bromwich.
Grace GILBY married Ernest Horton LUKE in 1896 in Birmingham.
In 1901, Ernest worked as a clerk for a hardware merchant.
Known children of Grace and Ernest are:
- Clarence born about 1898 in Sparkhill, Birmingham.
Herbert GILBY married UNKNOWN in 1899 in Birmingham.
Herbert’s known children are:
- Herbert born about 1900 in Yardley, Birmingham.
Percy Archibald GILBY married Elsie M. GRIMLEY in 1915 in West Bromwich.
Charles A. GILBY married Maria HODNETT in 1891 in Birmingham.
Known children of Charles and Maria are:
- Frank C. born about 1896 in Birmingham.
- Ethel J. born about 1897, Birmingham.
Minnie Ada GILBY married Joseph Edward VALE in 1908 in Kings Norton, Warwickshire.
Denis Wayne GILBY married Ellen Mary LUCAS, and had two children, one of whom was my father. (details not shown to protect the living.)