Image via Wikipedia
I was tagged for a meme by the California Genealogical Society and Library blog, and it seemed like a good way of breaking the ice on this blog, because I haven’t posted for so long.
Ten years ago I was:
1) Newly arrived in the village I now live in (this may even be the anniversary of my arrival) and not quite sure if it was a good idea. I didn’t know anyone apart from my DH and his parents, and it was all very strange and new.
2) Working in sales and marketing and hating every minute. I don’t do that any more, thank God!
3) Totally unaware of the wonders of the internet, but that was about to change.
4) Undisputed Bubble Bobble champion of the whole house!
5) Feeling quite old, because I was 31 and my son had started secondary school, what little I knew LOL
Five things on today’s “to-do” list:
(I’ll do tomorrows because it’s Sunday evening and I don’t have a to-do list on Sunday)
1) Sort some bills out 😦 I’d be ever so rich if I didn’t have to pay any.
2) Give the kitchen a good going-over, it always looks like a tornado blew through by Monday morning.
3) Finish an article I’ve been working on for the past week – it doesn’t usually take that long, and I’ve no idea why this one has because it’s very basic and covers a topic I’m very familiar with.
4) Buy some pasta, it’s spag bol night, but it won’t be if we don’t have pasta.
5) Find a map of Cheshire from around 1790 – 1800.
Five snacks I enjoy [the healthy version]:
1) Marmite on crackers
4) Hummus on anything – love hummus 🙂
5) Tuna and tomato sandwiches made with wholegrain, seeded bread.
Five places I have lived:
I’ve only ever lived in Warwickshire or Yorkshire, apart from a brief spell in County Durham, but I was only there for a few months so I’m not sure it counts.
Five jobs I have had:
1) Various hotel and restaurant jobs – I was very, very bad at all of them.
2) Data input personage for a computer dating agency, which was both interesting and depressing.
3) Sales rep, I was good at that, but I came to loathe it.
4. PA, enjoyed this and have been thinking of setting up a virtual PA business.
5. Mum (the toughest, by far!)
Schelly included two more categories:
Five places to visit again:
1) Cologne in Germany
2) Oxford, England
3) Stratford on Avon, my home town
4) Malvern, Worcestershire (I think), it’s really lovely
5) Barry Island, Wales
Five places I want to visit for the first time:
3) New Orleans, USA
4) Edinburgh, Scotland
5) Rome, Italy
All the genealogy bloggers I know seem to have already been tagged, so I’ll just say if you read this, you’re tagged! If you have a go, don’t forget to leave a link in the comments so I can come over and have a read.